Siloam Missionary Homes is a ministry that was incorporated in February 1992 to minister to the housing needs of missionaries. The mission’s goal is to provide a comfortable, tastefully decorated, completely furnished home for weary, tired and yes, at times, sick missionaries. Siloam wants to meet the need for missionaries to find refuge and rest, a place to be together as a family, and to be refreshed, renewed and ready for their return to serve the Lord in the region He called them to. SMH is governed by a board of directors whose desire is to meet this goal.
Siloam Missionary Homes is located in Snow Camp, in a gated village on 33 acres in the heart of North Carolina, between Chapel Hill and Greensboro.
There are 14 homes on the property. Twelve of these homes are for missionaries, two are staff homes. Each of the homes is tastefully decorated. They range from a 576 sq. ft. efficiency apartment to 3,000-sq. ft. 4 bedroom, 3 bath homes. The houses are completely furnished with appliances, washer and dryer, dishes, pots and pans, linens, towels, TV and DVD. All of the utilities and phones are turned on and ready for the missionary family to move in.
The basis of the doctrinal standards of Siloam Missionary Homes shall be the historic Christian faith as contained in the Holy Bible.
- We believe the scriptures of the Old and New Testament are verbally inspired by God, and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in Three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true Man.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is separation from God; that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and in the case of those who reach normal responsibility, become sinners in thought, word and deed.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
- We believe in “that Blessed Hope”, the personal and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the saved unto everlasting life and blessedness in the presence of God, and the resurrection of the unsaved unto everlasting conscious punishment in hell.
Statement of Faith
Siloam Missionary Homes (SMH) affirms and values God’s gift of marriage between man and woman that God created in His own image. Genesis 1.27, “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him: male and female created he them.” As SMH is committed to providing our students with a biblical worldview, SMH believes and practices what the Bible says about marriage and operates by faith according to that faith commitment. SMH abides by Jesus’ teaching on marriage when he said in Matthew 19.4b-6, “…Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, for this cause shall a man leave his father and mother and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.” The definition of marriage provided by Jesus includes several important truths that SMH expects all board members, faculty members, students, residents and staff to value and abide by.
- Marriage is a covenant designed by God (Matthew 19.4b).
- Marriage is intended to be between one man and one woman as God biologically created them male and female at birth (Matthew 19.4b). Hence, any other proposals for marriage are outside of God’s intended design (see Leviticus 18.22; 20:13-16; Romans 1.26-27; 1Corinthians 6.9-11; and 1Timothy 1.9-10).
- The marriage covenant is sealed through sexual intercourse which should be reserved for one husband and one wife after they have entered the holy covenant of marriage (Matthew 19.5).
Therefore, SMH defines marriage as a divinely designed biblical covenant between one man and one woman and God that is intended to represent the relationship of Christ and the Church. This view of marriage is affirmed by the authorized King James Bible in both its Old and New Testaments. (See Genesis 1.27; 2.23-24; Malachi 2.14; Song of Solomon 2.7, 16; 1 Corinthians 7.1-16; Ephesians 5.22-33; Hebrews 13.4).
The Great Commission
SMH holds that it is the explicit commandment of Jesus Christ to all believers to go forth into the world to spread the Gospel message of the Person and Work of Jesus Christ on Calvary’s cross.
Siloam Missionary Homes reserves the right to accept or deny any requests at any time based upon the Statement of Values for the Family and the Great Commission.